Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Update

Wow, it has been a really long time since I've written.  Real life has totally taken over and I haven't had the time or drive to sit and write.  Since my heart attacks in May 2012(2 of them), November 2012, and January 2013, I am totally and completely disabled.  I have mild heart failure which makes it hard for me to breathe.  I just turned 40 in February and I'm having a hard time accepting the fact that I'm this disabled this young.  I also have many physical impairments to add to the long list.  BUT I have been reading!  Not as much as I would like, but my medications make me fall asleep really fast. LOL

So far this year I have read:

Mercy Snow
Mercy Snow by Tiffany Baker
4 Stars
I was really intrigued by this.  Lots of story lines that came together.

All the Light We Cannot See
All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
4 Stars
I actually learned so much from this book about how both the French and Germans lived during WWII.

Beyond Justice
Beyond Justice by Joshua Graham
4 Stars
This was a good book but it got really slow in some parts.

The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating: A Novel
The Widow's Guide to Sex & Dating by Carole Radziwill
3 Stars
This was light and fun but got so confusing.

Turned (The Belladonna Agency, #1)
Turned by Virna DePaul
3 Stars
A decent first book in a series.  It dragged in some parts a bit.

Midsummer Magic
Midsummer Magic by Julia Williams
4 Stars
A retelling of A Midsummer Night's Dream.  This was a fun read but there was a lot of British humor that I didn't really get.

The Naughty Girls Book Club
The Naughty Girls' Book Club by Sophie Hart
4 Stars
I thought this was going to be an 18+ book.  It was more a book of friendships and romance.  I really liked this book.

The Perfume Collector
The Perfume Collector by Kathleen Tessaro
4 Stars
I loved this!  It takes place in 3 different cities at different times.

The White Magic Five & Dime
The White Magic Five and Dime by Steve Hockensmith and Lisa Falco
4 Stars
I loved this first installment in this series.  It was fun and left me hanging for a while.

That's about it for me so far.  I'm going to try and be more active now that things have sort of settled down.



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment