Sunday, January 6, 2013

REVIEW: Hidden by Cathy Glass

Hidden
by
Cathy Glass
Publisher:  Harper Element
Release Date:  March 3, 2008
Source:  Borrowed

My Summary:
This book sheds light on the children that slip through the cracks.  It tells the story of one little boy whose mother kidnaps him from the only home he's known and takes him to another country.  Tayo, 10 years old, is put into foster care and placed into Cathy's home.  Tayo is a very intelligent, well mannered boy, despite his mother Minty's neglect.  Minty took Tayo, when he was 5, from his father and gran from Nigeria and fled to the UK.  Her drunkenness  has left him by himself for days at a time with no food.  Hidden chronicles the 10 months that Tayo is in Cathy's care.

My Thoughts:
Hidden was fabulously written.  It pulls at your heartstrings and really makes you thinnk.  As a mother of 4, it was hard for me to see how this happened.  There were a couple of times that I got very emotional.  I just wanted tot ake the boy and protect him from his cruel mother.  The one thing that totally made the book for me was the way Cathy treated him.  She treated Tayo like he was one of her own kids.  The little names she called him warmed my heart.  One more thing!  Goodnight, sleep tight.  Don't let the bed bugs bite!

An amazing 5 teddies!!


No comments:

Post a Comment